AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Ann: Orocobre and Galaxy Proposed Merger, page-171

1. 4,304 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2600
    Hi 77

You might be referring to something I posted. Mate, depends on whether you're a short term active trader or if you are an investor willing to identify good businesses in good sectors and show patience (and I don't know your level of skill and risk but research shows that something like 80% of active traders do their dough so you need to have a large appetite for risk if you want to actively trade).

Benjamin Graham, the father of value investing (Warren Buffet and John Templeton are two of his disciples) said this: “In the short run, the market is a voting machine but in the long run, it is a weighing machine.” In other words, in the long term you are better to invest in businesses.

I might be wrong but in my view the merged company will be stronger, more robust, more able to grasp current and future opportunities than either Orecobre or Galaxy by themselves. I can't tell you what to do, but for me, as I intend to hold the merged company for the medium to long term (1 to 5 years) what the merged company's shares do in the next few months is just noise to me.
    Last edited by triage: 04/08/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.