AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

I read it as1. a vote of confidence in the quality - presumably...

1. niu
    1,638 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 578
    I read it as
    1. a vote of confidence in the quality - presumably these deals are after qualifying processes and likely prior sales
    2. a vote of confidence in the purification plant to deliver at those rates - something that has been a gnawing perception problem
    3. a sign that the market is picking up - why would a customer tie up a multi year deal unless they saw capacity tightening
    4. a sign that management get it - they need to shift battery grade because that is where the growth is. They took the easy route of technical grade for a little too long...

I'm happy to see a portion of the output locked up in multi-year deals, but hope they stagger contract periods to ensure progressive refresh of pricing to market. Market linked prices within the contract period is some comfort, albeit with some constraint to the upside.

I'm picking a flat quarterly announcement - seasonal lift in output with some further lift from stage 2 ponds, but marred by weaker prices.
    This announcement is the "green shoots" we have been waiting for - hinting at some good positive trends over the next year or two.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.