AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Very frustrating for all holders. The irony for me (from on...

1. 74 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44

Very frustrating for all holders. The irony for me (from on outsiders perspective) is under the Australian-based CEO's reign we appeared to get the local Argentinian politics right (productive relationship with provincial government and locals) but the technical aspects wrong. We have now hired an Argentinian CEO who will be much better placed to manage stakeholder relations, but that's not what's hurting us at all. As others point out, he has no lithium experience, but given it is an industry in its infancy putting that restriction on the search would have narrowed the field and I can live with that. Hopefully he can walk and chew gum in terms of fixing the technical and transparency issues around Stage 1/nameplate and put us on track for progressing Stage 2 and the plant in Japan. Worth noting the CEO change may be one reason for things being on the go-slow with Toyota Tsusho - my experience in Japan suggests to me they will want some face time with him and the chance to test his commitment to existing arrangements to then rebuild consensus around the decision they end up taking re Stage 2/Lithium Hydroxide.

Good points by all regarding missed opportunities by the analysts on the call in not pushing on lack of nameplate and details re debt and taxation changes.

Rick

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.