OCC 3.23% 45.0¢ orthocell limited

It is interesting to note that they are subjecting the controls...

1. 7,080 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 526
    It is interesting to note that they are subjecting the controls to a treatment that is guaranteed to be useless but that is the nature of trials (not a criticism) and this trial is much better in design than the Celgro trial (which admittedly is hard to do any other way). This is a proper randomised controlled trial but there will be no potential upside for the controls.

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD004016/epdf/full

The primary outcome is tendon regeneration assessed by MRI.This will show whether the tendon has repaired itself, tendons don't repair themselves generally. The secondary outcomes are also important as a degree of tendon repair without much improvement in pain/function is of little value

As someone who has one of these injuries I will be watching closely though I have to admit the results will have to be pretty good before I let someone biopsy my patella tendon to fix something I have lived with for years, no doubt at large expense.

The alternative treatments for partial tears is physio and live with them with a variable amount of disability or have surgery. Based on the study protocol, the post injection restrictions are vastly preferable to surgery, so if this study is a success this stuff will be a winner.

It should be noted that they are only looking at 1 particular tendon which admittedly is the tendon most commonly torn and they are excluding the elderly who represent a large cohort of tears.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OCC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.0¢
Change
-0.015(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $94.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
47.0¢ 47.0¢ 44.8¢ $101.0K 221.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 6739 44.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
45.0¢ 9799 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OCC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.