OEL 7.14% 1.3¢ otto energy limited

Thanks to both you and GDN for posting regularly and generously...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63

The thing is I find it hard to believe they are going to pursue purchsing assets and looking to fund exploration. The shedding of staff, ceasing finance facility, commitment to cap rtn, plus temporary contract for Herod suggests to me it's either a sale or cash harvest strategy.

I also would not say the bottom is in as I'm on the other side of your trade as I see their being value at below 1.3c and looking for a total return of 1.7c or above. This is actually what I have been doing with OEL for past ~ 18 months, but have got caught out/made poor decisions when surprised twice: once from an ann. from Mike saying he'd been to a convention and intimating Otto was considering buying assets that made me sell too quickly and then buy back in after Mike moved on and they went into wind up mode, and secondly not selling straight away to take profits when sale deal fell through, as wanted to wait one year for CGT discount when would have just been better to sell quicker.

From here on in I'm happy to hold as cash harvest strategy works great for me as capital returns likely to not be taxable and I do think we will get steady cash returns hopefully on a regular basis after May/June cap rtn if sale doesn't go through, or more/all at once if they manage to sell some/all assets.

Thanks to both you and GDN for posting regularly and generously sharing your considered views. Otto is the best stock I hold in terms of analysis and insights shared on hotcopper.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
-0.001(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $62.33M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.3¢ 1.3¢ $19.48K 1.498M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 3150373 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.4¢ 6871642 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.3¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 7.14 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.3¢ 1.3¢ 1.3¢ 18185
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
OEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.