OEL 0.00% 1.2¢ otto energy limited

Ann: Otto to Drill 400 MMbbl Nanushuk Oil Prospect in Alaska, page-131

1. 10,903 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3628
    Reminds me of a great line @jophda

"Vision without execution is just an hallucination" or similar words to same effect.

Who's vision? Your's? Mine? OEL mgmt? In this context the only vision that is on display (and which matters) is OEL's ... and they need to execute.

KBB's chart (TY) is somewhat scary (but I "rationalise" it away as historical price (even yesterday) is not meaningful to tomorrows price ... so yes a semi-strong efficient market believer per se). Now some might say that "rational thinking"and "the market" don't belong in the same sentence. Sometimes true and sometimes not. A nascent area of study is behavioral financial ... which is some of what you are expressing.

I think there is a lot more "risk" present than most investors what to believe. Not the least of which is production risk (does it really "cut out most of the downside"???). I was once invested in a $40B E&P company with hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil being produced each day with hundreds of thousands to come online from multiple concurrent offshore platforms that became one of the most spectacular bankruptcies in recent history. Nobody saw it coming. Production risk remains. Right next to it is reservoir risk. And then price risk, transport risk (pipelines "break" you don't transport & sell product), market risk, finance risk, operations risk, exploration risk, and on and on.

As quite a few have noted, OEL has had a great run over the past year and this is a "what have you done for me lately market" so perhaps the good news of Q1 was already priced in many sold above 7.5. Who knows. The stock looks attractive on several of the metrics I measure.

Might need to do some homework on risk reward and apply a little portfolio mgmt tests to see what I come up with.

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $57.54M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.2¢ $5.9K 491.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 12272711 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 4964014 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.