CVN 0.00% 19.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

ann out ns3 to be flow tested, page-2

1. 3,891 Posts.
    derk
    I have been doing a little futher research into the whole exploration program.. and it looks like we could be looking at a very exciting new find here!
    When you look through the history of the area ..,back in 1994 the ns-1 well hit oil at a rate of 1,400 bopd.however because the original operator did not isolate the well over a 460m interval it would appear water filled the drilling well.
    now fast forward to pan orient joining the venture and they identified that firstly the original testing was void,and secondly ....this could be a potentially sizeable new find..........!
    So what happened then was,a new well POE-9 was drilled in the same area and ...suprise suprise..they have discovered 4 potential oil bearing zones...Now just to add a bit more to the potential here,Only one has been tested and this is already producing 380bopd. so there are still 3 zones on that one well that have oil producing potential..The oil from that well has also, been independantly tested as of high oil quality ..

Now fast track to,the latest well NS-3 in the same area(1.4km away).....and low and behold.a productive oil zone was encountered at 961m with a thickness of 77m...which is at the SAME ZONE as the POE-9 AND the NS-3 well..........now i may be joining the dots here but..it looks like what we have here is what could be a LARGE area of oil that pan orient and carnarvon are piecing together.....................!!
    So what they are now doing to confirm this is to now put another test rig futher away in the same zone to see if the dots can be futher extended and if they join up in the same zone..
    I may be off the track here ..but it looks to me like they could have found a rather large oil basin.
    The flow testing and rig results from NS-4 could be very very intresting me thinks!!
    Phil.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $348.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ $80.01K 402.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 1576649 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 319098 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.