SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

ann out, page-80

1. 786 Posts.
    i think this was a great annoucement and i also beleive that the large amount of proppant which was used gave us a good indication as to the success of the well (albeit im sure some may disagree). What the large amount of proppant effectively does is hold the fracture open so that oil continues to seep into the fracture. the large amount of proppant indicates the extent of the success of the fracture (ie the higher the amount of proppant required the higher the extent of the fracture) so the natural oil and gas can flow into the production casing and upto the surface.

A typical shale well has approximately 8-12 stages of fracturing. Once the isolation plugs are removed from the well and productio begins i truly think we will be onto a gusher and will easily see 3000+ BOEPD.

Its interesting to note that an emphasis was made on the fact that the flow back is being controlled - i interpret this as though they are trying to maintain pressure downhole to ensure that the proppant does not dislodge and the fracture closes. I beleive that there has certainly been many hints within the announcement in regards to the size of Rodney.

Looking good and cant wait till we get actualy flow results as im sure they will suprise many.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.