MYG 3.21% 75.5¢ mayfield group holdings limited

ann out, page-16

1. 2,890 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 62
    bringing in the underground early will allow flexability, its a good move from a mining standpoint, if your main dig unit goes down in the open pit your not caught short, will also help the mill making different ore types and grades available for blending different ores together, maximising recoveries, hopefully MYG can access high grade earlier and get underground exploration up and running, would love to see the underground exploration plan and schedule.

a quick comment on the size of the resourse from my own experience, in the past Geo's Ive worked with have compiled the exploration database for external consultants to complete JORC compliant modeling of the ore body, its a simple process of loading the drill info into a program, the drill holes come up as lines with different colors indicating grade, the program fills in the gaps between the drill strings using the color coded drill strings to estimate blocks of ore in the ground, it calculates the quantity and volumes for reporting, the main work is validating the data as it usualy has mistakes in it that need chasing up.
    Everytime Ive seen the JORC estimate come back from the consultants (several times)the Geos have been outraged, the site Geo's block modelling shows another 20 to 30% more ore than what the external companies send back, I have put this down to ensuring no mistakes as there would be financial and reputation penalties associated with over estimating a resourse and the company going broke once mining starts, this is why I believe MYG has another 20% ore in the ground as a given, you will notice that the reserve is smaller than the and measured/indicated, at a guess this back side coverage may also the reason for different grades and tonnes, please remember this is a guess from experience only and may not be the case this time, but as a speculator it makes the numbers look interesting if it is the case and the market has not factored it in.
    Also from my experience the site based block modelling is used for mining with the extra tonnes, not the external modelling.
    If there is any Geos out there that are outraged by my above comments please feel free to correct anything Ive guessed or speculated, Im only speaking as an observer to the process and may not understand key points of the process

71c3

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.