MMX 0.00% 4.7¢ murchison metals ltd

ann out, page-6

1. 1,433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    dear oh dear witches6,
    it does matter who builds and owns the port and rail.

The total cost for construction of port and rail will be about 3 billion.

Those infrastructure facilities will handle 150 million tonnes per year for 20 years with an annual income of about $10/tonne.

The operating costs will be about $2/tonne.

Leaving a profit of about $8/tonne.

You work it out. But I reckon the annual profit of OPR will be about $1.2 billion. But 50% goes to mitsubishi so their annual profit might be $600 million.

So it does matter - big time.

I want shares in opr. I think the only way i can get in on the float of opr is to hold shares in mmx.

MMX profit from IO sales is of course price dependent but assume they get $100/tonne CIF and costs after rail and port are built are about $20/tonne and they sell 50 million tonnes /year [say from 2013] then the annual profit could be about $4 billion. But 50% goes to mitsubishi so their annual profit might be $2 billion.

Total annual profit for mmx could be $2.6 billion.

Now I have done these calcs on the back of an envelope and they are very easy to criticise because of various assumptions. However, my point is mmx has a lot to gain from construction and ownership of infrastructure.

As for share value - too hard for me to calculate but its a lot more than $4

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.