BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Val,I have a little confession to make. Currently I do have some...

1. 830 Posts.
    Val,
    I have a little confession to make. Currently I do have some BTA shares which I bought in on May 13. The reason why I did not declare that I own the shares is because I intend to trade BTA shares and I have no intention currently to hold BTA long term.

I bought BTA shares many years ago on the strength of the legal case as a speculative share. Then birdflu came along and I traded BTA shares along the way making some good profit in the rising sp. As the pandemic stockpile sales slowed, I sold my shares recouping my costs and kept the profit I made as BTA shares. However when the idiot Peter Cook settled with GSK for $20million, I sold all my remaining shares.

Although my average current entry price now is $1.15, I believe (rightly or wrongly) the risk now is less than before the swine flu outbreak not withstanding that the sp was between 50cents to 90 cents before the 3rd quarter Relenza results.

Before the swine flu outbreak, I believe the only substantial orders were the UK & Japan orders which were substantially filled in time to produce the surprising 3rd quarter sales. However I believe the swine flu had reminded the World Community that the threat of a pandemic flu is real. This has not only revived the demand to continue stockpiling anti-virals but also increased substantially Relenza share of the antiviral market. And then there is the possibility of upside from LANI.

As I repeatedly posted, the downside risk are the idiots at BTA whom I believe are not fit to run a corner store, let alone BTA. And GSK has conflicting interests. Thank God, it is Daiichi Sankyo that is driving LANI and not the idiot Peter Cook or GSK.

My current speculation in BTA is only about 15% of what I used to own or trade in BTA. In the current share market, I consider there are many other much less speculative shares and I am a pretty conservative investor. I will review BTA after the year end results. Whether I hold or not hold BTA shares will not influence the way I post. I do not believe HC or SS could influence the sp. Spruiking or bashing BTA will only hurt newbies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.