SHN 7.69% 1.4¢ sunshine metals limited

Cash is a constant issue for most exploration companies. Once...

1. 1,056 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6379
    Cash is a constant issue for most exploration companies. Once they make a significant discovery they raise larger amounts and the monkey is off the back, e. g. Carnaby, DeGrey. Sunshine Metals have made commitments to exploration expenditure and will need to raise money early in the new year. They will be hoping for a few good results to raise the share price first. Expect a raise if shares take off after a discovery, just as Carnaby have been doing. This makes sense as more money is needed to drill out. The Liontown ore bodies need to be drilled for expansion and the current plan is to look at the Gap this year as well as undrilled historic mines at Tigertown and Cougertown.
    I did find some reports of drilling into the Carrington lode in 1907 with one hole reporting approximately 2m @6%copper and 15g/t gold with a further 1ft of chalcopyrite going 15.7%copper and the drill continuing in this ore.
    Broken Hill South company drilled 3 holes into the New Queens lead silver gold discovery in 1953 or 1954, reports were good but results not given. They did not take up their option over the mine which makes sense to me because they probably needed a much larger ore body given the scale of the company.
    Esso Exploration had a $3 million farm in over the area in 1984 but I have found no results although they may be in the QLD government database. From memory Pancontinental was mining at Thalanga in the 1980s. Mt Isa Mines also held ground there in the 1980s.
    I found records that the Highway mine was discovered in the 1950s by a local and was worked for some time as a high grade gold mine from surface. The sulphide lodes at Highway - Reward were discovered in the 1980s and ended up being mined by non ASX listed entities so data is scarce. I have no doubt about its profitability.
    DYOR Not investment advice

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.4¢
Change
0.001(7.69%)
Mkt cap ! $22.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.4¢ 1.3¢ $42.89K 3.116M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 454143 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.4¢ 593046 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.