SMI 1.99% $1.03 santana minerals limited

I was nervous of this stock before the National Govt change. The...

1. 34 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    I was nervous of this stock before the National Govt change. The little lizards could literally scupper the best projects, or essential infrastructure. Was absolutely ridiculous. I am local and know of a few. Now that Shane Jones (minister) is in charge of the fast tracking process and been to site and understands the rational balance between economic and social good not being held ransom by a lizard we are in business.
    The other factor I was always nervous of was time. The length of time to get anything done consenting wise in NZ is absolutely ridiculous but with this fast tracking process I am more confident of a speedy resolution. The cycle timing is quite good as well, the team have 3 yrs guaranteed under this government so they look like they understand that and are moving as quickly as possible to capitalise.
    My last observation about this stock which is unique. It is that it is the only 'local' mining play of note that kiwis can invest in through the ASX, but more importantly unlike in AUS there is no competition in the press between mining opportunities. Otago, Local Mountain Scene, NBR, Herald have all written positive pieces. Unlike AUS there are so many opportunities to compare to. So as the Gold theme becomes more mainstream with the current run then I predict a lot of the Craigs investments, Jardens etc that handle a lot of wealth to start recommending some exposure. They can obviously recommend any miner on the ASX but the advertising and PR to the NZ investors who have never been in the sector will naturally be inclined to want some of something local. My hope anyway. There are some huge tax incentives in NZ to own a stock such as a miner as opposed to the physical asset or even the ETF that is a representation of the physical asset. Full capital gains on Physical asset (GOLD or ETF) vs Zero thats right zero capital gains on the stock. So as a kiwi if I invest $1 into SMI and it goes to $2 then I get to keep $1 full profit, (note that if it becomes a producer and dividends paid then they are taxed as revenue). DYOR as tax circumstances different but this is the general rule and status. Crypto for interest taxed as full capital gains also. So as an asset allocator I cant see a better risk reward play on the planet right now than the precious metals mining sector, and as a kiwi some exposure to SMI. Happy Monday.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.03
Change
0.020(1.99%)
Mkt cap ! $211.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.00 $1.03 99.0¢ $172.1K 173.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 36180 $1.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.04 2169 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.