HMD 0.00% 1.8¢ heramed limited

I dont think the reduction in hours is as significant as you are...

1. 280 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    I dont think the reduction in hours is as significant as you are hoping there. Because of billing constraints - both in Australia and the US- it isn't that you can charge $200 for an appointment that lasts 45 minutes, and $200 for an appointment that lasts 15minutes. The 15 minute appointment you can only charge maybe $100 to get the refund for medicare/insurance.

Now in addition to that, if you are the obstetrician you are responsible for that woman's pregnancy care. You don't have the capacity to double your entire case load just because of herabeat reducing the time for some appointments. Then you have to think about other costs too - if your own liability insurance as a practitioner goes up because you are taking on more patients - it's not a simple case of "half the time means double the patients, means double the money" Also, you must consider that eventually you run out of pregnant women - so again, you can't double the patients.

And a final consideration is that from a patient satisfaction perspective, the vast majority of pregnant women would prefer their practitioner spend time listening and showing care, rather than getting them in and out as quickly as possible. If I am a seeing an OB and multiple reviews online say appointments feel rushed, I would not see that one.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HMD (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.