OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

re: Ann: OZ Minerals 2009 Half Year Report (i... HT, the pulback...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,012 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    re: Ann: OZ Minerals 2009 Half Year Report (i... HT, the pulback is not too extreme. Take out the big run up yesterday afternoon from 1.125 to 1.15 (as always, anticipating a possibe upside surprise, then sell on the fact) and we are down just about 4%, pretty much in line with market (materials index and PNA for example, down 3.5%).

Having said that, there is no doubt that the absence of a dividend (and perhpas no news of capital management) would be a negative for a day or so, especially the retail investor. The headline number of the old OZ result would have been a non-event, and analysts would have been focused on outlook (positive). We will have to wait for the analysts' reports to come out - haven't seen any yet, but I am hoping for some upgrades. That I believe, will determine the short term trend of the sp.

Re cash - CEO in conference call stated they are committed to safety as the overriding prioirty and I think he said return (even if zero) was third priority. (I can't remember the second.) In this enviornment, I agree and I don't think the analysts will argue with that approach either.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.