OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

re: Ann: OZ Minerals 2009 Half Year Report (i... There is an...

1. 5,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    re: Ann: OZ Minerals 2009 Half Year Report (i... There is an article on p48 of today's AFR commenting on OZL's result. The article spent a lot of time discussing strategy. The comment was made that the strategic review would not be completed till Oct. IMO, the company will not do anything until the review is finished. They also mentioned that Copper and Gold were at the top of the list. (fine by me but not Uranium, which was interesting)

Terry Burgess has a history of growing a business, so I would see sp appreciation coming from a strategy of growth in volume, rather than dividends and share buybacks, but I do take your point DASA, that some share buyback could possibly be accomodated, depending on the cost of the strategy. For the next few years, they will not pay tax, increaing free cash flow even more. It will really be a cah cow for some years to come!!!!

If the stratgey is well recieved by the market, then we may see growth occuring after that time as investors get the vision and they see it being implemented wisely.

Yes, the strategy could drive sp appreciation before 2012 as analysts load the strategy into their models and come up with a new NPV share price.

HT1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.