OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

Ann: OZ Minerals December 2011 Quarterly presenta, page-13

1. 1,724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    re: Ann: OZ Minerals December 2011 Quarterly ... "any potential financial crisis which may come as many are predicting"

Bah! How many of those same guys predicted US markets would jump 20% from the October lows? And, 8900 economic experts predicted the US in August would fall back into recession, when everything pointed to quite the opposite.

I guess the same guys are predicting the end of world in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015...take your pick....

Must be difficult shorting 90% of the time and being wrong or maybe it's just contrarian to be negative in the face of optimism and positivity.

When I look outside Australia and see other mining operations suffering from dramatic cost increases, I see it as consistent with a story of rising and sustainable commodity prices in 2012. Take Hindustan zinc for example, not a copper/gold play, but one of the largest zinc miners world-wide. Total expenses gained 24 percent in Q3. Of note was that raw material costs rose to 1.16 billion rupees from 460.5 million rupees a year earlier, a rise of 156%, which translates directly into higher C1 costs.

OZL's 25% rise in costs, is well in line with the cost increases amongst other major miners here and abroad.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.