PGH 3.29% 78.5¢ pact group holdings ltd

Ann: Pact Group Holdings Ltd removed from All Ordinaries index, page-7

1. 611 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 269
    the way i read it on afr, said, this would reducing the number of fund managers as they only follow the index market movement. Although, other argues that due to the removal effect, this lower the price than it meant to be, so traders kinda of like it as they know there are at least 2 big buyers on the market and price will pick up.

Removal from this index doesn't mean a delisting or removal from asx though. ASX: PGH still there.

It just means a removal from top 500 companies by replacing with another one. When PGH gaining money, they will rebalance it, provided it hasn't been compulsory acquired by RG.

It just the odd is that, lack of index-tracked fund managers willing to buy it as some only followed the index market. Although, they can choose to slowly retreat instead of rushing to sell as the effect of removal won't kick in until March rebalancing. By choosing to slowly retreat from these fund managers, hopefully the market or other buyers having a chance to pick up instead of tank the price hardcore.

Just my view.
    Last edited by williamteddy: 08/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PGH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
78.5¢
Change
0.025(3.29%)
Mkt cap ! $270.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
76.0¢ 78.5¢ 76.0¢ $372 485

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9740 76.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
78.5¢ 936 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.34am 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PGH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.