RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ resapp health limited

No not really.. these days a simple presentation doesn't get...

1. 921 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 287
    No not really.. these days a simple presentation doesn't get much of a rise out of most stocks. What is typical these days is a move upward before a presentation.. probably because everyone still expects the presentation to cause a rush of buying. The pullback afterwards is mostly the result of those who intended to sell after the event anyway.

These days, it needs to be solid news to drive a re-rating kind of buying. This presentation wasn't even published to the ASX so it obviously didn't contain anything new that would really warrant a rush of buying. I would be surprised if the presentation even introduced the company to anyone in the room who was previously unaware of it.

So no, I'm not surprised that some were buying pre-presentation and selling post presentation resulting in a pullback when the presentation didn't really have anything new for the market to get excited about.

When real news drops, it will be different. That said, I can point to a handful of recent examples where if enough buyers run up the SP anticipating a great announcement to sell into, it's entirely plausible to find a sell off even after solid news.

Traders in, traders out.. messes with the SP in the short term, but providing the company delivers they wont impact the end result. They do provide liquidity though and without them it would be pretty dull so I guess we can thank them for that!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.