GAL 1.89% 27.0¢ galileo mining ltd

Poor Brad. HotCooper posts dumped the company by 1/3 on a day...

1. 115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    Poor Brad. HotCooper posts dumped the company by 1/3 on a day before the AN. Surprisingly, the bad anonymous crowd decided to defame him and the company right before the AN, how unfortunate coincidence...
    So he acted professionally - just read the Market Herald statement, lol.

Package, you seem to have a legal background and also to be with the company so I understand your elaborate defense, but everyone able to count to 3 knows this is just a smokescreen. The timing of the drop is a buletproof evidence of a leak (at least until company and/ ASX explains and clarifies - this HC excuse is just for laughs). Regardless of who took advantage of the leak (and by what techniqes and means): if Brad spotted defamatory posts during the Friday, those have a good reason behind. Its not just hurt feelings here, its a real loss of money.

Apart from the timing issue, triggering the panic sale and buying back arteficial dip on no news requires a bad leak-record on the side of company. Perhaps the directors may wish to think about that fact too.

If GAL wants to prevent these events, it clearly has a job to do, so the defamation may have served a common good. I cannot imagine they allow another pre-AN leak ever again - they would look like complete clowns (and I would sell for sure). That is the positive result people often forget.

Saying that, you are not right about "good reasons" to legally restrict free speach - the historical record clearly tells us otherwise. People lost lives to get rid of speech regulations and your sentiment here is just in line with a flawed contemporary fashinon. There are VERY, VERY few instances where benefits of legal restrictions outweigh risk. Posting anything on HotCopper is pretty far from the cuttoff as it can be easily dealt with using non-legal means.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GAL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.0¢
Change
0.005(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $53.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.0¢ 27.0¢ 25.0¢ $113.7K 436.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 46663 26.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.0¢ 48075 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
26.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 3.70 %)
Open High Low Volume
26.0¢ 26.5¢ 25.5¢ 183345
Last updated 15.03pm 24/05/2024 ?
GAL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.