MEI 0.00% 9.3¢ meteoric resources nl

Ann: Palm Springs Maiden Resource, page-29

1. 224 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 213
    Hi Bob

Thanks for raising your concerns, I believe you've passed them on in good will, but being your first two posts here and not being a shareholder, you can understand some may have their suspicions on motives re downramping etc, hence a bit of a frosty reception.

I'm certainly no geologist, but I've had a good read of the Jorc tables, and I try to take a balanced view on things - but I believe you may be jumping the gun to a degree.

The red flags you've raised are valid to a point, but I see most of these (bulk density, QAQC info, collar/downhole surveys - detailed on Page 24 of the announcement) are related to the 'Golden Crown' resource, which only contributes a minor portion of 38,000 ounces to the total global MRE of 357,000. The 38,000 ounces at Golden Crown (which includes both the Golden Crown and Faugh-a-Ballagh deposits) is also entirely in the 'inferred' classification, which makes sense to me as I'm aware via previous announcements there is only historical drill/geo data available for Golden Crown from back when Northern Star owned that tenement, and there has been no drilling by Meteoric here due to the focus, and rightly so, being at Butchers Creek and extending the resource there which makes up for the vast majority of the Global MRE.

As @oilskin mentioned, Golden Crown and Faugh-a-Ballagh need work, but I agree the focus should be on the Butcher where it is currently.

There are two sections of the Jorc tables, Appendix 1 (Butchers Creek) and Appendix 2 (Golden Crown) - The summary in appendix 2 does not apply to the Butchers Creek resource, but I can see how one might read through the Jorc tables and mistakenly assume the comments in appendix 2 might apply to the entire MRE.

Auralia Mining Consultants provided their services to Meteoric to produce the MRE (who have provided services to Rio and Barrick Gold previously). I note throughout the Jorc tables they state data and methods conform to industry standards and are adequate for reporting an MRE, all assays were carried out by accredited laboritories, and that the Auralia competent person agrees with previous findings and results.

I do think it's rather unfair to Tunksy and the Meteoric Geo team to claim they don't have a grasp on the geology. If you were to have another read of the announcement, and a few of the previous announcements regarding Butchers creek, the team illustrate IMO a very thorough understanding of the geology, and the structure of the anticlinal fold within the trachyte host unit - IMO this understanding was well rewarding with the success of last years drilling campaign where almost every target was hit with mineralisation in the hinge folds or limbs, ultimately resulting in the ounces we see in the maiden MRE. Being a shareholder over the last few years, I have learned a great deal from the detailed and thorough data and interpretations released in MEI announcements, which has also helped me to better understand information released in other companies announcements.

Overall, having held the project for less than 12 months, IMO it's a credit to the entire Meteoric team to have a maiden MRE so soon - and with the ounces stated. Fantastic start, and I look forward to fleshing out the resource this year, with a resource upgrade to follow this program.

I highly recommend you give Andrew Tunks, MEI's MD a call if you still have concerns - his mobile number is at the bottom of page 14 of the MRE announcement. Andrew has openly stated in the past he is more than happy to take calls from shareholders and potential shareholders to discuss the companies projects, indeed I have called him on the odd occasion with queries and have found him to be a very approachable and knowledgeable bloke.

You never know, we might be welcoming you as a holder down the road!

All the best, IMO/DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $213.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.4¢ 9.7¢ 9.2¢ $361.8K 3.833M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14853 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.5¢ 172380 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.