SRS 0.00% 7.1¢ spicers limited

Ann: PaperlinX EGM - Message From Directors , page-3

1. asf
    9,887 Posts.
    finch, when I read those statements about Price, I too felt they were compelling. On second glance, they have counter-arguments, which make as much logical sense as their own points. In other words, they are just discourse- neither compelling nor illogical, imo.

1.Experience outside of Australia: the Directors may have had to go abroad, given Price would be considered a paper expert in Australia. So they have just said he is not a *world* paper expert- their point is a bit silly, if you ask me. Anyone can learn liaison skills, plus currency skills.

2.Restructuring experience: probably one of the easiest skills to develop, imo. How hard can sacking people be? On a more serious note, it bores well if Price has not had to restructure much- maybe he managed business so well, he didn't have to then sell off the farm.

3.This one does sound a little patronising from the Directors- as if someone can't just go to xe.com for currency conversion. :D It's a none-too-subtle dig at Price's skills and/or intelligence. As we know, many Directors in out ASX companies move from biotechs to mining, to plastics, back to biotechs, and then sometimes to oil and gas. We all know health/biotech company Directors who were brokers/bankers/accountants/lawyers- and not medical research Doctors. One could say that many Directors on the ASX are the "rent-a-Director" type- so often do they move about.

4.If Price comes in and te other Directors leave, they would not be behaving in the best interests of either themselves (their first interest) or the company. Corporate knowledge needs an inheritance and a birthplace, and ought be carried on when possible. Natural leaders, on the other hand, are always head strong- it doesn't mean they are not team players. Price can go to a Company Director course- not too hard.

5.This one I don't like the sound of. Perhaps Price to provide a response to this via PPX.

It sounds like PPX got scared of the paper man. I don't think the Director response they put out will help their cause, but it may hinder it. Dirty politics never helps anyone, but it may provide an initial "shock and awe" reaction. However, when money comes into it, like with Paperlinx, shareholders will probably act logically, rather than emotively, to try and claw back some value for their shares.

The only question is, who can make money for PPX. Lucky I am not a shareholder- hard decision!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.