PAR 6.52% 24.5¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

You never go broke taking a profit, I can't remember who gave me...

1. 142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    You never go broke taking a profit, I can't remember who gave me that advice but it's good,

But back to the prospect of having a substantial short position in a stock with tremendous potential IMHO.

What kind of a gap up in price might we expect if the IND for Zilusol is approved?!
    I have absolutely no idea. But we are talking about a drug that has been test successfully (on evidence provided here) with over 600 SAS patients, has a long safety record in use with animals, has already caught the attention of pharmaceutical companies (again evidence here) and has a very significant market for it's use.

So, say I was running a managed fund I was short 10 million shares and had the financial capacity to run the price up and down and shake the odd loose holder out from time to time to help cover some of my position and make and book profits month by month along the way and meet my trading profit targets for managerment. What would happen if PAR receives early approval for the IND? would the share price gap up at open (remembering the FDA is in America and their announcement may occur in US time) by $2.50 to $3.00, I really don't know, but if you're short 10 million shares that's a $25 to $30 million loss. And then, what if that announcement was quickly followed by a significant deal with big pharma? Again I have absolutely no idea what that would do to the price. But what if it was an additional $5 gap up that's a potential combined loss of $75 to $80 million. Ouch!!!, and if it's an additional $10 gap up that's potentially a total loss of $125 to $130 million on the one position. Now if I was an agressive fund manager without a position in PAR and I could see the large short position and understood all the evidence about the drug, would I/they see that as an apportunity to put a short squeeze into play. I really don't know, I'm not a fund manager.But If that did occur (depending on the size of the fund) that loss could put their fund into the bottom quartile relative to their peers for quite a while. IMHO DYOR. Anyway, lets just say that a squeeze might just put a STOP to their GAME.
    imho dyor

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
0.015(6.52%)
Mkt cap ! $85.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.0¢ 24.5¢ 23.0¢ $116.0K 491.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50000 23.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.5¢ 33682 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.