LYC 1.30% $7.61 lynas rare earths limited

I believe many if not all these bonds are being converted at...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 43 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    I believe many if not all these bonds are being converted at 0.75 a share. Essentially, every share that is converted moves 0.75 from the liability section of the balance sheet to the equity section of the balance sheet. This is good in that it relieves the company of debt and future interest expense. However it does have an adverse effect, since more share enter the market, where they are currently valued at about 2.00. This is the adverse consequence of dilution.

For example (with completely make believe hypotheticals), if Lynas was worth $1M, then the number of shares increased by 50% resulting from conversions, then the individual shares would be worth 2/3s of there value before conversion, which initially suggest the pre-conversion shareholders would loose 1/3 of their value. However, because of the reduction in debt and interest expense, the fundamental would justify that Lynas should be worth more than $1M, so this should partially offset the impact of dilution.

Having said this, I suspect that the anticipation of future conversions is already reflected in the current price of Lynas. Also, at the end of the day what ultimately drives share price is what investors are willing to pay/sell, which is FMV. I believe the most significant issue suppressing the current price is lack of awareness of the stock/company among the investing community. As more and more large institutional investors become aware of Lynas, I suspect demand will increase and drive up the FMV.

Frankly, my greatest fear at the moment with this stock is the possibility of an acquisition or hostile takeover, leaving us all with a nice bump (but possibly not full potential). Am I the only one who has this concern? I'd be grateful if any of you could provide some information that would alleviate my concern.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.