LYC 1.35% $5.83 lynas rare earths limited

Ann: Partial Conversion of Bonds and Appendix 3B, page-35

1. 109 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 343
    Well hopefully H0rc0 can now exit: I expect that he/she was possibly a “Save Malaysia Stop Lynas” Activist. While you have to respect others’ point of view to stimulate your own ideas, blatant misinformation and bullying is really not acceptable – thank you mods. Although temping to argue with him/her it wouldn’t have really have added to anything, so time to get back on track and thinking about Lynas.

Marketing is definitely a key and Lynas really seems to be all over it. Of course it’s also necessary to have a great product – and Lynas ticks that box also. Disasters like Quintis (QIN), the sandalwood growers, had a great product but failed due to bad marketing and poor management. That shows that management can’t just sit back and rely simply on a great product (Or was management dishonest and it wasn’t such a great product in QIN’s case?)

Syrah (SYR) the mega-graphite concern has some parallels to Lynas in that they have/will corner the market and seem at this stage to have the marketing angle covered. They also have some parallels with high potential battery demands and semi-monopolistic qualities of supply and low cost of production. Although management is promising at Syrah it is yet to be fully confirmed as competent and for some reason it is the most heavily shorted stock on the ASX – and that is totally different to Lynas of course. (Disclosure: I hold Syrah, but do your own research)

To me, Lynas ticks just about all of the boxes on the more important qualitative aspects that I mentioned before – great management, quality and specialization of product, know how, potential for demand, customer-centric, ore quality and longevity, and many more.

The key qualities of product supply and quality, marketing and great management are the overarching important factors in my opinion – Management honesty and transparency is also paramount – I believe Lynas has all of these qualities and we as shareholders will be well rewarded.

P.S. I much appreciate the quality posts from those such as Ausheads, Roberter1, Mark F, Nursery, Silver, Eddie B among the many others – and sometimes even TD when he talks human.

Happy weekend all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.