NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

if anyone is looking for the market intelligence that may have...

1. 929 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 576
    if anyone is looking for the market intelligence that may have supported the idea of a Bunker fuel terminal at Port Hedland, I would strongly recommend reading the following link:
    https://berconsulting.com.au/2020/07/16/marine-fuel-oil-to-lng-conversion/

This has the cost control figures and indicative timeline for the case study for Hedland, but is dated pre-Ukraine war. Long-term sanctions and supply constraints to markets are going to factor the price substantially, but the key point in the document is that emissions legislation will drive the cost of fuels up and emissions down, which make the case for LNG as the fuel of choice for global shipping going forward.
    Timeline is skewed long at the moment as the two main factors of engine conversion and terminal supply of the fuel are at the beginning of the life cycle, however I can see companies looking to vertically integrate their energy source to make the sale of raw materials being shipped more cost effective (i.e. MIN offsetting their transport fuel costs for IO). Don't be surprised if MIN decide to be the party that builds this eLNG plant, offsets their energy costs to market and makes BHP and Fortescue pay 20USD a Gj for the fuel at terminal..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.