CVN 2.94% 16.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

Ann: Pavo-1 Drilling Update, page-220

1. 13 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 116
    I agree and was thinking the same thing. The cyclone could not have occurred at a worse time operationally with apparently porous hydrocarbon bearing sandstones in the open hole section. The well would have to have been left stabilized with a number of barriers in place which probably included pulling the drillstring out of open hole and into the liner and a cement plug placed in the liner. The mudweight and surface BOP's would then act as additional barriers with a further barrier in the drillsting. Any plan would have to be approved by NOPSEMA. Having been on a rig with a Typhoon bearing down on our location a lot of operational decisions had to be made quickly and in my case delays in decision making resulted in an 8 hour vomit inducing boat ride to shore as the choppers could no longer fly. Getting people back on board and the speed of restarting operations really depends on how they left the well. Certainly the open hole well condition might be a concern and as you rightly point out they could have also drilled ahead after the encouragement of the hydrocarbons in the Caley. Certainly STO would have had time to rethink the next steps and operationally it could well have been more efficient to simply drill ahead. There is no doubt that better Investor Relations could, and should be, happening. Hopefully CVN will put out a note soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $295.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 16.5¢ 16.0¢ $200.6K 1.232M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 145000 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 1260877 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.