LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

First The AELB makes the decision if this is acceptable. Yeo and...

1. 7,409 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 501
    First The AELB makes the decision if this is acceptable. Yeo and friends have nothing to do with this. BUT they do make the final decision on license extension. The USD 50 M is for the entire closing of the plant so it is unlikely that they will Release all of it for the PDF in fact by the original agreement done 10 years ago it could be interpreted that a PDF is all Lynas current responsibility and the ALEB Does not have to release any of it. I think they will but not a guarantee this is why the announcement says "Lynas will seek access to the US$50 million in cash and bank guarantees deposited with the AELB to partially pay the above amounts. " Pretty sure if they thought legally they could get it they would have said XXX of ALED deposit will be used for this. Read the notes to the Balance sheets you will see that on June 30 2019, AUD 44,419M of the AELB deposit is on deposit in AU and carried as a balance sheet credit by Lynas. That AUD 4.388M is on deposit in Malaysia and carried as a credit by Lynas. So if the ALEB releases these funds that will help cash flow. It still shows up as an expense and will come off of profits. So people that think profits will not be hit in a major way because the ALEB money will cover it are wrong. Most people in posts above seem to think of this.

Go to page 59 of the AR if you want to verify what I say. AL in a past Q CC when they first started making theses deposits explained this in detail. I do not rember which Q it was.

It is simple if you carry something as an asset and use it, it becomes an expense and comes off bottom line.

JMO but since this PDF will be used to hold waste from PAST operations none of it will be CAP EX.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.