PEK 0.00% 19.5¢ peak rare earths limited

Ann: Peak and Shenghe Sign Offtake and Strategic Co-operation MOU, page-103

1. sjl
    1,213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 328
    There is still a plausible path for Peak to build a rare earth supply chain without any Chinese involvement. Use the funds from Shenghe for the ore concentrate to develop and build a refinery (whether in Tanzania or in the UK is irrelevant to the broader point). Once the refinery is built, the need for Shenghe as a source of funds will be gone: Peak will be able to go directly to end users of rare earths.

Remember that Shenghe has only 19.9% of the company; that the MoU is non-binding (though likely to turn to a binding contract in some form); and that there is nothing to say that Peak is obliged to keep supplying after the term expires.

Concerning from a geopolitical situation? Sure. I've never said otherwise. But from the company's perspective - what reasonable alternative is there? I've asked that question a few times, and I'm yet to get an answer from you - or anybody else for that matter - that addresses that key question. Deal with the hand that you've got, not the hand you wish you were dealt.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $51.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ $18.85K 95.58K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6465 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 5173 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 13/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.