5GG 14.6% 4.7¢ pentanet limited

"5,000,000/12 = $415,000 per month415,000/$20 monthly fee=...

1. 69 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    "5,000,000/12 = $415,000 per month
    415,000/$20 monthly fee= 20,750 users need to be paying on the full plan."
    That's assuming a $0/month on running costs.
    Pretty sure these types of servers run very hot and use a lot of power.
    This is also assuming the internet side of things costs $0/month for the consumption. They likely have bulk pricing on network links, because of the main business. But still would have some sort of cost.
    It was also said somewhere, that they have to give royalties or something to nvidia at approx 30% I saw somewhere?
    All of a sudden, that $20/m (inc gst) becomes $12/m per 'customer'.
    And then there's likely some millions in marketing costs as well?
    And further development in their gaming ai platform?

All speculation though, until we can see the actual paying numbers.

"I would disagree, I would say at the current time YES they ARE the only AUSTRALIAN company wanting this technology, as far as I am aware atleast."
    They may be the only australian company who is willing to go all-in with a new product like this, but manufacturers dont just make something for a single country. And if it looks like something that does actually go well, I'm sure the other FW players are probably watching in keen eyes.
    If these experiments work, i very much doubt they'll end up doing anything in another state.
    This has been said by a few companies already and those companies look like they've moved on to other areas of the telco sector.
    In the meantime, it will be interesting how fast they end up rolling out this nexus network, as it will show how capable they are with scaling.
    Still no pricing to be seen at this stage. I would've thought it be announced already? all that we know, is that 'it will be the cheapest gigabit broadband in the country', is what I saw in one of their announcements. Which is what made me look up what other prices are around.
    ie, Optus 5G home broadband gives you many hundreds of mbps for $99/m

The comment about NBN and FTTP is pretty moot. The threat is real.
    I was one of those who paid for an upgrade to FTTP, but to have the flexibility of providers, while being able to have 1ms latency on a gigabit service, is always going to be a win. I can also choose to move to a different provider as well. So if I dont like the internet experience, I can just try on another provider's internet network.
    Bit annoyed that it's going to be free for new people soon, but glad to have quality broadband sooner, than having to wait.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 5GG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
0.006(14.6%)
Mkt cap ! $20.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.2¢ 4.8¢ 4.2¢ $158.1K 3.453M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 410344 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 17280 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
5GG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.