SPR 1.11% 89.0¢ spartan resources limited

B4 - I think Simon Lawson and his geos had moved away from the...

1. 4,320 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2615
    B4 - I think Simon Lawson and his geos had moved away from the idea that there could be a single continuous underground structure, with Never Never, Pepper and Four Pillars merging at depth. In the ASX announcement of 16 April - which I think is where you got the bottom schematic from - he used the simile of the deposits at Dalgaranga being like a sheet of corrugated iron with a series of ribbing of low grade ore separating parallel channels of high grade material (see SL's comments at the top of page 3 of the ASX announcement of 16 April).

Even in the 4 June ASX announcement SL referred to one of the low grade assay results reported in the announcement as sitting between Never Never and Pepper and as marking the edge of the mineralisation. For the time being at least I think they are still using the corrugated sheeting idea to describe what they have at Dalgaranga.

At the time when they were toying with there being a single super structure SL had suggested there could be "exponential" growth and "accelerating" growth but for now I guess we will have to be resigned to having "only" geometric growth (which still leaves us with one of the most promising gold operations in WA).

Just on the cost of deep diamond drilling, Western Mines Group has drilled several deep diamond holes recently, down to around 1.7 km - with the WA Government going halves. They are in search of a monster nickel discovery and are out in the desert about 2 hours east of Kalgoorlie. The boss bloke said recently that each of the holes had cost around half a million dollars. He said when they drilled the first hole the cost was about 10% of the company's market cap. That pretty much aligns with what you reported from ALK of up to $300k for a km of diamond drilling. I can sort of understand why WMG is going so far out on a limb with these deep drills - sort of make or break for them - but I can think of no justifiable reason for Spartan to go throwing hail mary's with super deep dd holes as they know that with what they already have they have a viable mining operation. We should not be paying for a swinging dick contest with the Bellevue crew, chasing after resources that will not be needed for at least another ten years or more.
    Last edited by triage: 04/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
89.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.11%)
Mkt cap ! $983.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
88.5¢ 91.0¢ 87.5¢ $5.564M 6.262M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 88678 88.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
89.0¢ 208729 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.