PRN 0.51% 99.5¢ perenti limited

I was thinking I was about to miss the best opportunity to DCA...

1. 51 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    I was thinking I was about to miss the best opportunity to DCA (0.66 is a bargain imo) when I saw this news and the SP gain this morning. Come back now and its back at 0.66?

I don't know if this is just SH/instos selling into every green day or if it's shorts suppressing the price (I imagine any calls they have are in the low 60s). Or maybe it's just PRN getting caught up in the red like the rest of the market (but even still - 2.2%?). In any case I'll gladly pick some up more this week at this price.

Another thought is that part of the weakness in PRN's SP at the moment is due to their recent inability to convert pipeline -> revenue -> profit at a rate the market is happy with (with COVID-associated impacts/delays and 1-2 loss-making projects that have since been exited being the root cause of this). So maybe the market is shrugging at all new projects/revenue until it sees PRN turn a profit on those projects at a healthy margin again. Just spitballing here...

I back the company, leadership team, I think they're solid. And obviously we're in the midst of a commodities supercycle so I'm not concerned about cyclical weakness affecting the bottom line (as in 2013, 2016) for the next few years. Barring a broad market sell-off/bloodbath or a major incident at a PRN-operated mine, I can see >$1.20 within the next 9 months. Reporting season and dividends usually drive this SP higher and the very low market expectations set by the recent announcements should give that a boost.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.5¢
Change
0.005(0.51%)
Mkt cap ! $933.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
99.0¢ 99.8¢ 98.5¢ $1.561M 1.573M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 600 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 67483 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.