PXA 1.96% $14.50 pexa group limited

lol thanks, I hope this summary of the AFR article (that I cant...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,221 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177
    lol thanks, I hope this summary of the AFR article (that I cant post) is accurate* read at your own peril!

Regulatory Inaction: ARNECC, the regulator, declared it can't force PEXA to open its systems to Sympli, halting progress towards competition.

Monopoly Maintenance: PEXA, backed by Commonwealth Bank, is trying to maintain its monopoly in property settlement services.

Sympli's Struggle: Sympli, backed by ASX, is a competitor aiming to enter the property settlement market dominated by PEXA.

PEXA's Origins: PEXA evolved from state-owned property settlement services, now with a market cap of $2.4 billion, and major shareholders including CBA and Morgan Stanley Infrastructure.

Interoperability Issues: Despite efforts, PEXA has not shared necessary information with Sympli, and ARNECC admits it can't enforce this.

Banking Industry Complaints: The Australian Banking Association has pointed out that PEXA's refusal to share information hampers competition, leading to potential transaction failures.

Financial Stakes: Sympli has incurred significant losses, and ASX values its stake at $22.2 million, while competition in the sector remains unresolved.

Economic Impact: Lack of competition in property settlement costs home buyers an estimated $300 million annually.

Government Stalemate: Federal and state governments are in disagreement over who should enforce competition, with no decisive action taken.

Need for Competition: Experts argue that competition would benefit consumers, with concerns about PEXA's opaque pricing and potential overcharging in a monopolized market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PXA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.