PAA 2.86% 17.0¢ pharmaust limited

Ann: PharmAust Shareholder Update, page-128

1. 2,403 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1488
    For sure there's a race on, though I suspect (fwiw and it's not much) that if MPL lives up to its early results is looking really good.

dryasachip, somehow I suspect that if it works this is not going to become some medication for the common cold you can just get from your local chemist for stuff like the common cold. I think it will be kept for serious stuff and given either by prescription or in hospital. It also really depends on what is causing cov 19 to be so damn dangerous for some people but a mild condition, a bit of a runny nose, that kind of thing for most orthers. Incidently colds tends to be caused by common corona viruses. That issue was central to that paper you linked. It pointed out not all the badly affected people are elderly and in poor condition. In fact fairly young and healthy people have suffered badly and even died. The argument put forward by the author is that the bad cases are probably being caused by a process called antibody dependent enhancement (ADE), a process seen with Dengue viruses causing Dengue fever, whereby the virus "tricks" the immune system into attacking it with neutralizing antibodies for one of its close cousins (ie a common cold corona virus), and thereby hijacks white cells for replication instead of being destroyed by them. He suggests these bad cases can be treated with mTOR inhibitors, but all this depends on timing, and this will have to be done by trained medics. If that's the case, then you'll never see this being sold for the common cold at your local chemist. Maybe with anything mTOR inhibiting, even if the above ADE hypothesis is incorrect, will require direction from medics, ie in hospital or by prescription, so somehow I don't see this being distributed like say a caugh mixture, because the mTOR system in our cells is such a fundematal mechanism in their functions. You just don't want to mess around with them. So somehow I don't think so. (Warning I have very little knowledge, just worked hard at understanding that paper)
    Last edited by Lastly: 25/06/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $82.69M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 18.0¢ 17.0¢ $55.34K 315.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 537417 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 88847 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.