PAA 0.00% 22.0¢ pharmaust limited

Back then, my argument was that PAA was worthat least a dollar a...

1. 2,337 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1438
    Back then, my argument was that PAA was worthat least a dollar a share, regardless whether or not any individual project (ie the dog lymphoma b treatment project) was a success, because we knew already that as a highly effective mTOR inhibitor, it would already be useful for helping in cancer therapy and likely a number other uses (please look up mTOR inhibitors and their uses).

So my point was that the dog lymphoma b cell project was not that it was a do or die proposition but that at the ultra low share price back then, it was just a matter of patience to get a decent return. I also warned back in late 2015 that it could take a long time, and though I certainly hoped it wouldn't take so long, my point was that it could - and it has - because that's often the way with biotech.

I didn't praise the work of Professor Pelegrini at WEHI in regard to covid when he mentioned "remarkable" results in lab experiments. I simply pointed out that WEHI is a heavy weight in this sort of scientific matters. I also highlighted Professor Pelegrini's warning in a reply to a question that the process of testing and trialing was a "long pipeline" and said it at the time (remember my initial "moonshot" remark? But even though I didn't mention it, I did get impatient with the delays - although a big part of that was no doubt the result of covid disruptions and huge numbers of molecules with varying levels of "remarkable results" were being tested in a an enviroment of delays and bottlenecks in the system. Still, to this day, the failings of the government to take an active hand in the whole thing and the covid response make me angry, but that's another thing.

Finally, you got things right and wrong. So did I. There is a lot of unpredictability in these things and Lady Luck, or the godess Fortuna (as the Romans called her) plays a much bigger part in our lives than we like to admit.

Cheers

Last edited by Lastly: 26/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $86.90M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 22.5¢ 21.0¢ $91.02K 417.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2325 21.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.0¢ 119713 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
22.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 5.72 %)
Open High Low Volume
23.0¢ 23.0¢ 21.0¢ 271600
Last updated 15.42pm 06/05/2024 ?
PAA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.