GLN 9.09% 12.0¢ galan lithium limited

Ann: Phase 1 HMW DFS Delivers Compelling Economic Results, page-240

1. 5,187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5218
    Just some rough figures, but here’s how I look at the likely dilution scenario:

- stage 1 capex is A$177M but they’ve already started purchasing some long lead items so let’s revise this down to say A$160M.

- let’s be generous and say they’re going 75% equity and 25% other (whether that be debt or offtake prepayment, the latter I think is currently unlikely for reasons previously stated). This means they’d be raising 75% of A$160M being A$120M.

- this is a significant amount versus their current market cap (40%!) so you can expect a steep discount - at least 15-18% based on other recent large raises I’ve seen. Let’s say the SP recovers a bit to around $1.00 by the time they announce the raise (due to full permit approval coming through etc) so you’re potentially looking at a raise price of say $0.85 which creates an additional 141.2M shares on issue.

- this takes total shares outstanding to 478.1M (not even fully diluted by the way) so if we took your A$1.7B valuation as gospel, that’s a SP of $3.55 rather than $5.04. In reality various performance shares may have been triggered so the real shares on issue figure would be higher.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.