CVN 10.8% 16.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

imho - the reason the stock is being smashed is 2-fold: 1. the...

1. 4,717 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 226
    imho - the reason the stock is being smashed is 2-fold:

1. the results from PS-3 suggest a tight reservoir, it may be "solveable" (understanding the stress direction / fracture orientation / angled well bores), and the brief info the company released suggests low net-to-gross, meaning that if it flows, then vols may get smaller ........as a result - the aggregate volumetrics across Roc and PS may not meet the min threshold ......

2. mr market understands that appraisal of Dor - may require some additional cash .......

as with all juniors - there are periods of time when nothing happens, and then times when it all happens .......

for CVN - they need to make some rational decisions regarding capital allocation:

1. they could sell 50-70% of Buffalo, for say 20-25m and a part carry ........this would be positive given it needs 20m spent to see if the upside case exsists !
    2. come out with a new resource statement .....as people have said - its abt Dorado now ......
    3. hopefully - Quad wants to appraise this one asap .....
    4. farm down Lab....

I took profits ....and now don't hold ......

I still think Dorado has "large upside" ........

but - mr market wont pay-up in the short-term - b/c of perceptions over reservoir risk (ie how it varies over the greater Dor-Roc structure).....

rgds
    V_H

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
-0.020(10.8%)
Mkt cap ! $295.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 17.8¢ 16.0¢ $3.525M 20.49M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 441949 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 2048593 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.