CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 20 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi dfs1,
    I tried to add this using the reply button on your original message but it wouldn't take. Is only one reply allowed?

I always intended to sell part of my stake before Christmas. The intention was to cover my initial buying cost and let the rest rip with no planned exit strategy. All fun and no stress.
    Greed became involved though. If I'd sold when the stoploss was placed I'd have got 2.65 but I thought I could get 2.80 (damn you resolute).
    I have no stoploss points on any of the other shares I hold, which is rather stupid as they saved my hide when covid hit.
    I've been back testing PLS, trying to find a working stoploss strategy without much luck. Weinstein's exit methods don't seem to work very well now if they ever did. I think the shorters make it harder these days. The stoploss limit makes it difficult as well. On a significent crash the SP can go straight through you (like home brew) without triggering the stoploss.
    A classic example is SOL which I'm overweight in. I ignored a classic double top and they have dropped 10 bucks a share in a little over 2 months.They are getting very close to my average buying price. In a previous life using stoplosses I'd be out of there by now.
    Buying opportunity?? - I'm not that brave.
    I notice you have an exit strategy for PLS. Would you mind sharing the general method you use to create a stoploss and when you move it. cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.