EMV 3.09% $2.00 emvision medical devices ltd

Hmmmmm as far as I know, a cochlear implant is usually for life...

1. 770 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 360
    Hmmmmm as far as I know, a cochlear implant is usually for life unless the implant fails or malfunctions. So probably not recurring revenue for COH.

Along the lines of new clients being born everyday for COH, the same also applies for EMV/stroke patients - it's just a different subset of the population that are affected i.e. 50-60+ age bracket. Add an ageing population and we'll soon be in stroke city.

It's hard to find data on how many cochlear implants are carried out worldwide on an annual basis, but looks like it is fewer than 1mil implants IN TOTAL, whereas there are 15mil stroke cases EACH YEAR worldwide.

In terms of revenue, each implant is directly chargeable, whereas each EMU sold will be used for XXXXX number of scans (lifetime of the device). So EMV may not have the same number of sales (implants) as COH, but the cost of each sale will be significant.

Regulatory approval will validate the theoretical use case for EMV, but the big question is whether there is a real-world use case for the device - how many orders will EMV get, and at what rate will orders grow?

As most medical companies do, it makes sense to break into the hardest and toughest regulated market first, and then use that approval as evidence to support approval in other jurisdictions.

All eyes on the FDA approval (and precursor crumbs that may give hints along the way).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.