ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    traydor , muppets were reasonably harmless , not so sure these blokes are .

Back in March 18 they announced they had a turnkey production facility under construction which would produce a range of MgLi alloys . On 20th Sept they told us construction was completed on schedule and production had begun . It wasn't until the release of answers to questions from the ASX that we learned there had been a grand total of 287kgs produced and that was only after ASX asked the question a second time . There was never an announcement production of MgLi had ceased and always direction that Mg production would recommence in March 19 . There has been no notification this did not take place until this ASX forced response . Are these 'unexpected material events' ?
    They have stated many times , the cost of environmental works to the plant to enable production of high purity Mg , would be $1.1M . It is confusing as to how much money was taken in during the rights issue ( $6M+ ? ) but if you were going to recommence in March 19 , at the completion of these works , surely you were well down the path to completing these works when , in February , as we now learn , they decided not to 'commence with the suggested changes' .
    Why do they have to buy 'calcinated' dolomite .( The correct term is 'calcined' , you would think they would know that at least .) The plant is supposed to have rotary kilns in situ for calcining dolomite , a reasonably ubiquitous Mg ore ? Why would you stop production because your supplier only ran their kilns for 1 month back in March 18 and then stopped ? This was over a year ago , why wouldn't you source material elsewhere ?
    Don't worry , as they say in the 1 July announcement , they will "provide an update to the market when appropriate". Really ?
    I notice William Bass , who retired from the board on 1st April this year , is providing mentoring services to CMC . He was , as I'm sure you will remember , the Chairman when the above was happening and he also presided over the farcical 'retirement/retraction/removal' of a director ... so I guess we can expect more of the same .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.