GTE 1.67% 5.9¢ great western exploration limited.

Dear Parinema,Your friend's advice to seek advice on HotCopper...

1. 300 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69

Myhusbandinvestedinthisstockover8yearsagoandhejustpassedaway6weeksago.Ihavenoideaaboutsharesandafriendofminetoldmetojointhissitewhichwouldbehelpful.
    IamtryingtosellsharesthatIdon'tknowmuchaboutandperhapsIamapuppetbutIhopeyoufeelbetteraboutthatcommentmadetome.
    Dear Parinema,

Your friend's advice to seek advice on HotCopper is not very helpful and I encourage you to seek professional advice from an independent financial planner.

If your recently-departed husband bought 5M shares 8 years ago, he must have been sold on GTE's promises to deliver its shareholders another Sandfire-like copper-gold discovery in the Yerrida Basin and/or a half share in a Kazakhstan copper project to be backed by the mysterious Madame Chang. None of these have transpired and, in 14 years of trading on the ASX, GTE has consistently failed to deliver on any of its promises to convert shareholder funds into anything tangible by way of successful exploration. They are not alone in this regard.

Your husband's original investment in GTE is now probably worth <<1% of his initial outlay. I hope for your sake that he was well-invested elsewhere. Effectively, as suggested by TT, you can either sell and take the loss, let a bad bet ride and accept further dilution of your family's holdings, or double down on a doubtful bet by participating in the new offer.

For my part, I do not rate the Company's existing projects as likely to evolve into anything of value following Hartley's "timely" minor investment.

Just enough to keep the lights on for a year.

IMHO,

P

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GTE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
-0.001(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $20.53M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.0¢ 6.4¢ 5.8¢ $27.90K 460.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 63897 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 125000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.4¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 8.47 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.0¢ 6.4¢ 6.0¢ 63519
Last updated 15.44pm 14/05/2024 ?
GTE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.