NOR 0.00% 3.0¢ norwood systems limited

Ann: Placement, page-368

1. 4,469 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1908
    Really thin trading though, due to the time of year and consolidation status. Both order queues are really bare. Unless price moves are accompanied by large volume I don't think they mean very much at all.

Consolidation usually is accompanied by a fall in MC, unless the company makes strong announcements or is otherwise pleasing the market with progress. Probably have to wait until the second week of Jan for the traders and dealers to come back to push some volume through to find out where the price should be.

I'm not convinced that Norwood is a takeover target just yet. I don't think the tech is so advanced or protected by IP that it or its features can't be replicated by other companies for a lot less than you'd need to pay for Norwood. Further it's benefits and features (or similar) are being integrated into other software so it's appeal is waning.

Norwood also doesn't have an enviable customer base, management team or list of tangible assets worth buying up.

Norwood really needs to cut a break, somehow wedge itself into the tech space as a player by forming partnerships or deals or just by brute force.

The analogy that springs to mind is from Space Odyssey where the apes are confronted with the monolith. Norwood feel like the apes trying to understand, while the monolith represents the tech world.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.