PLS 0.69% $2.90 pilbara minerals limited

Ann: Plant Performance Update, page-177

1. 1,468 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 261
    @Gosney,
    "The PLS vs AJM plant engineering technicals are beyond me, other than my understanding that it is in the optimisation process, which has been specifically designed for PLS' ore type"

Perhaps I should try to shed some light. Scarpa’s recent post indicates that even tho the same ore body continues thru the adjoining PLS & AJM tenements the crystal structure can vary considerably from one part of the ore body to another as a consequence of different cooling rates when the rock originally solidified. When that happened many years ago some of the molten lava may have been at surface while some may for example have been 100m below surface. The lava at surface would cool (by the air) at a faster rate than the lava buried 100m down that remained very hot for days?/weeks ?? because the heat could only dissipate slowly thru the surrounding earth. The variation in cooling rate would have a profound effect on the crystal structure resulting in coarser crystals for the slow cooled mineral and fine crystals for the faster cooled and explain why AJM appear to have around 60% coarse while PLS are currently only at 30% coarse IMO. This ratio will probably vary a little as feed is taken from different parts of the mine (with different crystal structure ratio)
    Consequently the optimum plant design for each mine appear to be very different but each is appropriate for the particular feed being used at each mine

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.90
Change
0.020(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $8.732B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.86 $2.94 $2.80 $102.1M 35.55M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 314863 $2.88

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.91 20820 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.