3DP 2.56% 3.8¢ pointerra limited

When you look at Pointerra's service offering, it has: - Core...

1. 2,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1046

When you look at Pointerra's service offering, it has:
    - Core which is a cloud platform for your digital twin
    - Analytics which allows analysis of physical assets in your digital twin model
    - Answers which provides predictive answers to manage your assets from the digital twin

Key focus is a SaaS business model in that pointerra provides the platform to load your digital capture and then you use it as needed (in one of those 3 tiers).

What I've always suspected is that for these monolithic utilities, all the above sounds great, but do they have people with the correct skillsets (in the departments that maintain assets) to understand how to use this software to the extent 3DP this it should be.......I don't believe so hence the isage base model is not delivering because yet you get your foot in the door, but no one seems to be ramping up the use as expected.

Why this contract reinforces my comments above is because it says: "Pointerra will be paid to analyse lidar and imagery for FPL business cases"
    To me this points to Pointerra being used as consultants to do the analysis themselves rather than telling FPL to load the data and use the tools......perhaps they can teach the client how to leverage the tools better, but this seems to be a consulting contact rather than a software one (and I suspect that previously Pointerra was providing this service for free on the expectation that clients would use the software more.....it's just not happening because it seems to be a very complication and bespoke set of tools that these clients may not have the expertise to utilise).

Perhaps there is a different business model in this......the SaaS revenues for maintaining the digital twin data in the pointerra software, and consultancy on getting the best use out of that data........but Olsen does seem like someone set in his ways (hence yrs of marketing with little revenues/cashflow) so I suspect he will continue down this SaaS path when perhaps a little more nuance is needed

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.8¢
Change
-0.001(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $28.23M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.8¢ 3.9¢ 3.8¢ $2.185K 57.41K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 121746 3.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.9¢ 15882 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.47pm 27/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.8¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 2.70 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.8¢ 3.8¢ 3.8¢ 26851
Last updated 10.38am 27/05/2024 ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.