3DP 12.2% 5.5¢ pointerra limited

"Thanks glutenfree for all your good work on keeping us...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3784

"Thanks glutenfree for all your good work on keeping us informed"

My pleasure! smile.png

Sharing my findings helps me too, as I get to see what the forum thinks of it.

As for LandPartners, the poster was looking for solutions to his problems. His first post:
    https://www.laserscanningforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15544

"Hi,

We, as a long term contract, do continuous survey work at a large transport hub. Around 50Tb of data over the last 15 years.

Some areas have been scanned 3 times this year, other areas only once or possibly never.
    Some projects are done for Revit/BIM and thus is modeled, other scans are part of service contract so not modeled and only provided so client arch, civil or MEP drafter.

Revit/BIM models are part of its own system at this moment, so drafters dont know or really see that data at all, although the scan data might assist them in keeping their records up to date. So they have to come ask and depending on who is in the office they might get an answer or maybe not.

Problem is that we don't have a system in place to trace where scans have been done and where not, and in places where there is multiple scans, which is the latest and where is it stored. Currently its a bit of a mess and looking for data is memory based. File structure is pretty good, data is just very scattered and no single source of info. We are located in the client office so easy so share data.

Any ideas of centralizing the data viewing in some way. I want to have a viewing platform that enables us as well as the client CAD team to determine if there are scans in any random area and where is that scan data stored.

Have thought of taking each dataset, creating a very sparse clone cloud and referencing that into something like Microstation that can be opened and everyone can find whatever they want, although this is very basic and tedious.

Thanks

Dirk"

A Cintoo representative chimes in to try and convince Dirk that Cintoo is a viable solution:
    "I'm happy to demo Cintoo to you if you like"

But as the original poster pointed out, they already have a demo lined up with Pointerra.

So, LandPartners is not using Cintoo. Just that a demo/trial of Cintoo was offered to the poster.

And yes, hopefully LandParters is another customer for Pointerra after their trial is complete.

Last edited by glutenfree: 17/12/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.