ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,961 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 755
    Can't remember which presentation but I think there was some mention of hernia and breast needing more R&D in the last 12 months.
    This is typical in biomedical development. You start with a stack of known unknowns and risks that need mitigation, and as the team works through the risk in order of priority a few more unknown unknowns turn up. Sometimes that means a rethink or a pivot depending on which initial assumptions are challenged.
    What is being attempted in the breast reconstruction and hernia space is not simple as it is applying the polymer in much more structural forms. I am not worried however as I can see that appropriate resources are being added to R&D over time which will help accelerate that work. In the meantime the company is listening to their customers and working to provide product options for the new applications the surgeons keep trying with the current foam form. Imagine what they will do with more tailored products!
    What is really quite an achievement for this and any company is that the surgeons have realized what a great tool this material is for aiding the body's own healing mechanism and with that knowledge going the full McGyver with it.

Surgeon: Hmm this patient has a horrible injury with half their finger tissue gone. I'll just get some of this foam and stick some cells into it and stuff that in the finger and watch a new fingertip form so they can still have use of it and stay employed.
    Or... Hmm this fetus has not formed its spinal covering and will be born with a significant lifelong disability. Well I will just take this dermal matrix with the cover and stick it over the defect in the womb so the bay's body can finish forming and grow dermis and epidermis in utero. Then when it is born it will have a hugely better quality of life and maybe even walk and run.
    Or... Hmm this person has such bad diabetes that their remaining foot has ulcerated and will have to be cut off. Oh wait my colleague has suggested I try this BTM first. Well look at that, the foot is healing and the patient will still be able to walk with only one prosthetic and care for themself.

So many stories and more to come. None of this was because PNV salespeople said have you thought of trying BTM for this. It was because surgeons have used it and taken it to the next level over and over again.

Even if this company wasn't growing like a wildfire, I would still be invested as my money supporting them to help people everyday is ways that I can't even imagine.
    Last edited by strangelogic: 12/09/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.