HAV 0.00% 18.0¢ havilah resources limited

"If you don't mind me asking, is that the sort of percentages...

1. 3,465 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1053
    "If you don't mind me asking, is that the sort of percentages HAV management have indicated to you that they're looking to hold on to?"

Chris Carter,

My 51-65% estimate of the Kalkaroo project being sold was based on the following quote from Dr Giles in the following 1 June 2017 Barrier Daily Truth newspaper article:

http://www.havilah-resources.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/BDT-170531.pdf

“It would be a joint venture type of arrangement and they would have majority interest (and) we’d retain a substantial interest and they would provide all of the funding, and the copper and gold would be split according to our respective interests."

Under normal business terms a majority interest equates to at least 51%; and a substantial interest would be anywhere between 35% to 49%.

However, if the price is right don't be surprised if 100% of the Kalkaroo project is sold outright to Wanbao Mining:

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/up...egy.3653484/page-2?get_post=true#.WdBWo0x7FZo

Wanbao Mining
    Wanbao Mining is a very impressive company but there are many skeptics on a final Kalkaroo project agreement getting done with Havilah.

Wanbao Mining has a mandate and long-term objective to establish a third country platform in Australia, so it has a strong desire to see the Kalkaroo project go ahead.

Wanbao Mining already owns and operates mines in two countries outside China.

While not oblivious to the risk, Wanbao Mining is a bit different in being a well established copper and cobalt miner and a subsidiary of one the top 5 State Owned Enterprise ('SOE') in China, who are actually very profitable.

Wanbao Mining seems to be strategic and professional in its approach, and my gut tells me it and the SOE are serious and want the Kalkaroo Joint Venture ('JV') to work with Havilah, particularly given it will:

(a) hold a majority interest in the JV;
    (b) be in a position to negotiate a long-term off-take agreement for the JV's copper and cobalt;
    (c) potentially give it right of first refusal on Havilah's other development projects (e.g. Mutooroo); and
    (d) demonstrate to other Australian companies, with similar unfunded copper projects (e.g. Altona Mining Limited), that it can do 'win-win' deals.

Native Title Agreement
    It has been noted by many on this forum that the lack of a final NTA for the Kalkaroo project continues to be a major drag on the share price.

I expect the final NTA to be in place (written, signed and registered) by the end of November 2017, for a number of reasons.

Kalkaroo Fundamentals Remain Positive

Cheers

These are only my random thoughts (only time will tell) and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional expert
    Last edited by Clark888: 01/10/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $56.99M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.0¢ 18.0¢ $10.12K 56.23K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30000 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 1015 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.25pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HAV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.