POS 0.00% 0.5¢ poseidon nickel limited

Ann: POS enters agreement to develop Windarra Tailings Project, page-36

1. 5,018 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2246
    It's gettin' 'fruity' this afternoon.

Monday, onwards, will be interesting.

Why?

Well, if I still held and was prepared to continue to hold the same net position, without adding to it*, Monday (the ex date) could represent a free kick to lower my overall VWAC. I could offload at least 1/3 of my holdings to the dumb money sitting ITQ @ 0.4c -- assuming they're still sitting there on the day -- safe in the knowledge that I have a guaranteed right to restock with the same number directly from the company 25% cheaper (0.3c). I might even offload up to half on an educated guess that there would be no shortage of Shortfall Shares to restock with.

Result: Same overall net position, but with a risk-free 25% lower VWAC on, say, 1/3 of my holding for a lower overall VWAC.
    I should point out that my use of the term "risk-free" is purely on a narrow relative basis (i.e. compared with not having executed that 'cunning plan' (eek, Baldrick!)). It should go without saying that there's still a truckload of other risks that I'd still be wearing, regardless.
    (*Yeah, I'd suffer the effects of dilution. The strategy isn't for everyone; just one narrow segment of the holder pool.)

However, I'm not holding, so it's just a curiosity for me to see how quickly the bids at 0.4c get arbitraged away.

Last edited by zebster: Today, 19:11

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $16.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $17.80K 4.124M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
68 47816915 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 13989612 30
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.52pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
POS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.