POS 0.00% 0.5¢ poseidon nickel limited

It's gettin' 'fruity' this afternoon.Monday, onwards, will be...

1. 5,018 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2246
    It's gettin' 'fruity' this afternoon.

Monday, onwards, will be interesting.

Why?

Well, if I still held and was prepared to continue to hold the same net position, without adding to it*, Monday (the ex date) could represent a free kick to lower my overall VWAC. I could offload at least 1/3 of my holdings to the dumb money sitting ITQ @ 0.4c -- assuming they're still sitting there on the day -- safe in the knowledge that I have a guaranteed right to restock with the same number directly from the company 25% cheaper (0.3c). I might even offload up to half on an educated guess that there would be no shortage of Shortfall Shares to restock with.

Result: Same overall net position, but with a risk-free 25% lower VWAC on, say, 1/3 of my holding for a lower overall VWAC.
    I should point out that my use of the term "risk-free" is purely on a narrow relative basis (i.e. compared with not having executed that 'cunning plan' (eek, Baldrick!)). It should go without saying that there's still a truckload of other risks that I'd still be wearing, regardless.
    (*Yeah, I'd suffer the effects of dilution. The strategy isn't for everyone; just one narrow segment of the holder pool.)

However, I'm not holding, so it's just a curiosity for me to see how quickly the bids at 0.4c get arbitraged away.

Last edited by zebster: Today, 19:11

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $16.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $17.80K 4.124M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
68 47816915 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 13989612 30
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.52pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
POS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.