PLS 0.33% $3.08 pilbara minerals limited

Taken me a long time to learn this - and cost me a lot.IMO,...

1. 2,446 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2023
    Taken me a long time to learn this - and cost me a lot.

IMO, Ignore the noise - if you are convinced that your assessment of the company financials are still valid - esp. with confirmation bias and rose coloured glasses removed, - do Nothing,
    or
    accept that when the market has the sh... and esp. when shorts are high, rationale often goes out the window and share prices fall (or rise) without an obvious underlying rationale.

You can sit by the wayside believing in your LT assessment and ignore all the internet chatter,
    or you can adopt a "if you can't beat them, join them" philosophy and try and be smart and sell a few in the hope of buying back in later (but obv. consider tax implications and the risks - because it's only in hindsight where many of the negative pundits here can tell you exactly what you have done when),
    or you can use these sentiment swings to top up.

IMO, the latter two are good if you get a kick out of a successful trade and if that's where you want to spend your time and energy on, or you feel bad if the SP is depressed for a while and you decided to ride it out. Can be good risk mitigation too if you use it to average down/up your buys/sells, becasue nobody ever always gets it right.

The first is best, IMO, if you have a good company with LT growth prospects, well managed, well funded, well established, well operating in a low risk environment, diversifying and selling into a massively growing global market exploiting a whole new trend. That is PLS.

I think a few of the negative posters here, apart from those with obvious motivations to spread FUD, have not appreciated the difference between what PLS was 4/5 years ago: A budding explore/cum developer (but even then already with all the success ingredients as per my last sentence), and where it is now. We are nowhere near that speccie end any more where you rely on so many whims of the market. instead, we are now a market maker ourselves, and this Posco JV will only solidify that position even further.

Kicking myself that I had to/did sell some of my, for me, substantial PLS holdings 12-18 months ago!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.